Storage auctions may be cancelled for any reason, at any time. Here are some of the reasons for cancellations:
- Tenant pays their past due balance
- Discrepancy with auction date
- Non-compliance of notices or procedures of state lien law requirements
- Photos or descriptions are incorrect
- Photos not uploaded or blurry
StorageTreasures does not recommend that you cancel a unit due to low bids, especially if there are more than 50 auction views.
Note: The facility and all bidders that participated in the auction will receive an email notification of the cancellation and reason.
Cancel Before Sold
- From My Account, click Online Auctions then select Active Auctions in the pull-down
2. Find and verify the unit to be cancelled, then click Actions and choose Cancel in the drop-down.
3. On the cancellation page, choose the applicable reason for the cancellation:
- Account settled with tenant
- Error in lien process or timeline
- Auction post was incorrect
- <input a reason>
- 4. Click the button ‘Yes, cancel Auction ID #’
Cancel After Sold
1. Pull-down the Online Auctions tab, then select Sold Auctions.
2. Find and verify the unit to be cancelled. Select Actions and choose Cancel in the drop-down
3. Choose a cancellation reason and select Yes, cancel Auction ID #.
4. You will need to call the winning bidder immediately and inform them that the auction is cancelled as soon as possible in case they are on their way to your facility.
Bidders cannot be inconvenienced and asked to wait due to anticipation that the tenant ‘may’ make a payment. In this situation, the auction must be cancelled.
Also, please verify that you are cancelling the correct unit. We are not able to restore cancelled auctions.