Once you have completed the sign up process and added a credit card on file, you are ready to Hunt. BID. Win. Profit!
Make sure you are logged in to your account when searching and bidding on auctions. This ensures that auctions will show in your correct time zone.
There are two ways to place bids on StorageTreasures’ auctions. Place bids in $10 Increments or place a Max Bid.
How to Bid
- Click on an auction you want to bid on.
- The “Storage Auction Details” page
- Notice the High Bid amount
- Place a bid in the bid box under Ready to Bid?
- Bids can be in $10 increments or you can place a Max Bid.
a. Enter bids in increments of $10 more than the High Bid amount
b. The current minimum bid amount is provided for you under the bid box
The max bid feature allows you to set your highest bid and let the computer do the bidding for you! This way you do not have to watch the auction so closely. The system will automatically increase your bid by $10 increments until it reaches your max bid amount.
When bidding on an auction, be aware that other bidders may be taking advantage of this feature as well. If you place a bid on an auction and you are immediately outbid, that is because there is another bidder that placed a higher Max Bid.
Max Bids can be set via the Storage Auction Details page or from your Bid Manager. Bid Manager instructions are included in the next section below.
Below is an explanation of the Max Bid feature:
- Click the “Confirm Bid Now” button.
- A pop-up window will appear to Confirm Bid.
- Click “Yes, bid now” button
9. Your bid has now been confirmed.
If You are the High Bidder
a. You will see a green banner on the Storage Auction Details page that states:
“You are the high bidder! On a roll!”
b. You will see a green “High Bidder” banner found on the Storage Auction Search page.
c. You will receive an email notification “You are the new high bidder”
If you are Outbid
a. You will see a red banner on the Storage Auction Details page that states:
b. You will see a red “Outbid” banner found on the Storage Auction Search page
c. You will receive an email notification “You are outbid”, with instructions on how to increase your bid.
You can View, Bid and Manage the auctions you are currently bidding on under Bid Manager.
- Go to https://www.storagetreasures.com/
- Log into the account
- Click “My Account”at the top of the webpage
- Go to “Auction Tools”
- Select “Bid Manager”
- Click on “Update Bid” button to increase your bid
- A pop-up window “Update Max Bid” will appear
- Enter the Max Bid amount you wish to place on the auction.
- Click on the “Update Max Bid” button
How to Retract a Bid
Once a bid is placed you cannot remove or retract the bid. You can, however, reduce your Max Bid to match the current high bid amount.
Note: Be very cautious when placing bids on the website. Two buttons need to be clicked before the bid is placed. Please make sure you confirm the correct bid amount and the auction you wish to bid on.
Article is closed for comments.