Congrats! You won an auction. Now what?
Directly following your receipt of the You have won a storage auction email, please be on the lookout for an invoice. This invoice will have all the details you need to complete the transaction. Next step, call the facility and schedule an appointment. The sooner the better.
The invoice will be emailed to you as a .PDF attachment. Or, you can access your invoices when you are logged in to your account. Get to your invoices by clicking My Account up in the top right corner or the website then click the Invoices tab and View Invoice to see the details and print if needed.
When you speak to the facility it is helpful to ask a couple questions:
- When can I pick up and pay for my unit?
- Is the unit on the ground floor?
- Do you have dollies available?
- Will I be able to get a gate access code?
Before going to the facility make sure you have the following:
- Full sale price in cash or other form of payment shown on the auction posting and invoice.
- Cleaning Deposit. Typically the cleaning deposit is payable in cash, but some facilities require a credit card. Check Additional Information on the auction posting for their accepted payment type for the cleaning deposit. (The deposit will be refunded to you once the manager verifies that the unit is empty and broom-swept).
- Photo ID that matches the name on the invoice.
- Resale certificate to verify your tax exemption. Note: Some facilities may not accept tax exemption certificates. Check Additional Information on the auction posting.
- "Ready for Pickup" Invoice.