Please read Private Seller Rules prior to posting a Private Seller auction on StorageTreasures.
- Enter your First and Last Name
- Email address: Must be your email address (for auction notifications and communication by ST staff or buyers)
- Phone number: Must be your direct phone number (for communication by ST staff and buyers)
- Street address: Must be your address of residence Post Office box is not allowed.
- The time zone will set automatically based on your location.
- Create a password
- Select secret question and answer
- Choose how you heard about us
- Click 'Continue to Step 2' button
Add Facility Details
There are two types of Private Sellers - Individual and Resale Business. The Facility Name must be in one of these two formats:
- Facility Name
Facility Name must be: (choose a format)
Private Seller - First Name, Last Name
Private Seller - First Initial, Last Name
Private Seller - First Name, Last Initial
Note: Valid ID in the Private Seller’s name must be made available to the Buyer, upon request.
Facility Name must be: Private Seller - Business Name
Note: The business name must be registered with the state. A business license and/or permit to collect and remit sales tax in the business name may be requested for verification by ST Staff, at any time.
Your facility name cannot be changed without approval by ST Staff. Email name change request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Store ID: Input name of storage facility where unit is located
- Phone Number: same as 1(c) above
- Street Address: Must be the storage facility address where the unit is located.
Note: Storage facility MUST be an allowed location (see Prohibited Facilities) and you MUST have authorization from the storage facility staff to post a private seller auction.
- Website: (optional) Input your business URL. Leave blank if individual seller
- Charity Storage: Do not check this box. Private Sellers cannot conduct Charity Storage auctions.
- Property Management System: skip
- Click ‘Submit’ button
Activate and Log In to Your Account
- In your email account, open the message from StorageTreasures with subject: “Activate your StorageTreasures Account.”
- Click “Activate Your Account” button in the email
- Go to: StorageTreasures.com and click ‘Log In’ button
- Once logged in, click “My Account” located at the top right of the webpage.
Default Auction Settings
You can add preset Default Auction Settings which will auto-populate to the online auction posting form.
- Click the ‘Facility Mgmt” tab and then select the blue “Edit” button to the right of your Private Seller facility account information.
- Scroll down to Default Auction Settings. We recommend the following default settings be added. (The screenshot below is an example of Default Settings for an Individual Private Seller account):
- Individual: Input 0.0
- Business: You can input the sales tax rate for the city and state where storage unit is located (optional)
Note: In order to charge sales tax, a permit to collect and remit sales tax in the business name MUST be emailed to email@example.com PRIOR to posting an auction. If a permit is not received before the auction is posted, sales tax will be removed from the auction, and we may change your Facility Name to individual status until verification is provided, at our discretion.
Cleaning Deposit (optional)
A refundable cleaning deposit is recommended but not required. This is an additional amount that is collected by the Private Seller, in cash, to ensure that the Buyer empties the unit completely and it is broom swept. Once the Buyer has emptied the unit, you must immediately refund the cleaning deposit.
You can set this amount to be ‘0’ or ‘100.’ We do NOT recommend setting a cleaning deposit for more than $100.00. If you decide to collect a cleaning deposit, the amount must be set either in Default Auction Settings or when posting the auction so it appears in the online auction post.
Remember, you MUST remain with the Buyer at all times while they empty the unit. If the Buyer has to make more than one trip to clean out the unit, the cleaning deposit will hold the Buyer accountable. If they do leave and return, you must escort the Buyer back to the storage unit. Do not provide the buyer with a gate code.
72 hours is recommended. This is the amount of time the buyer will have to clean out the unit from when the auction ended. You also have the option to select 24 or 48 hours, but this limits the number of bidders to those that live in closer proximity to the storage facility.
Accepted Payment Method
Exception: If you are a verified Business entity, you can accept payment by credit card.
This content will appear on the Storage Auction Details page, below the auction photos and bidding area.
Required: The following MUST be added to Additional Information field:
This is a Private Sale. Please contact the Private Seller directly to schedule an appointment to pick up the unit. DO NOT contact the storage facility.
Optional Additional Information Content: Private Sellers can add other content to Additional Information if they wish. Below are ST approved rules that can be added below the required text shown in the previous paragraph (above):
NOTICE TO BUYER:
- DO NOT contact or disturb the storage facility management or staff. The storage facility does not have access to the Unit.
- Buyer MUST meet the Private Seller OUTSIDE of the storage facility grounds/gate to complete the payment of the invoice and cleaning deposit, in cash, and verify Buyer’s ID matches the name on the invoice.
- The cleaning deposit will be immediately refunded to the Buyer once the unit is completely emptied and in broom swept condition.
- Buyer is the Private Seller’s “guest” at the storage facility. The Buyer is not permitted to be on the Storage Facility property alone. The Buyer MUST be accompanied by the Private Seller at all times.
- Buyer will NOT be given a gate code to the storage facility.
Buyer will not unbox, unpack or sort items at the storage facility.
- Buyer shall be permitted to bring one adult helper, who must be over 18 years old. If additional helpers are required to clean out the unit successfully, Private Seller must agree and approve of the additional helpers prior to bringing them on the property.
- Buyer must bring the proper sized truck or trailer, depending on the amount of items in the unit. Buyer also must bring appropriate tie-downs, straps, ropes, and tarps to safely secure items for transport.
- Buyer and helper will use proper lifting and loading procedures to prevent self-injury and agrees to indemnify the Private Seller, the storage facility, and StorageTreasures from any and all injuries.
- Buyer and helper will conduct themselves professionally while on the storage facility property.
- Buyer will not disrupt others at the storage facility.
- Buyer will not leave behind any trash nor use the facility dumpster. Buyer should dispose of any such items off premises.
- Buyer must empty and clean the unit within the required time allotted. If Buyer needs additional time to clean out the unit, it must be requested prior to payment and approved by the Private Seller.
Hours of Operation, Facility Features, and Charity Storage Opt-in: Skip these sections.
Click “Save Changes”