Here are a few simple steps to ensure the storage unit transaction goes as planned.
Best Practices for success as a BIDDER are as follows:
- Find the auctions you want using the StorageTreasure.com search tools and filters. Our Auction Types include Lien Sales, Non-Lien/Manager Special, Charity Units, and Private Sales.
- Should you win, bidding via an online auction is a legally binding agreement to purchase. Review all Auction Details, Unit Descriptions, Auction Rules, and Additional Information before placing bids. The details presented are crucial and vary from auction to auction. Bids are un-retractable.
- Bid with the end in mind. You will be responsible for the fees and deposits when the auction expires online; bid within your limits to ensure available funds. Your membership status will determine the Buyer Premium percent. If you plan to bid and win, consider upgrading your account to save 5% on every auction you win.
- Be aware of expiration dates. Bidding online can be exciting; it allows you to bid on multiple units at many properties simultaneously but can be overwhelming. Be careful not to overcommit to the cleanout timelines or financial obligation, should you win.
Best Practices for success as a WINNER are as follows:
- Follow all detailed instructions provided via email. Instructions get sent in a series of two emails. The first email is titled You Have Won a Storage Unit. The second email, titled Paid Invoice, is sent once we successfully process the StorageTreasures.com portion of your payment.
- Contact the Seller as soon as the auction expires and schedule an appointment for pickup. Ask any questions upfront, so you are prepared to clean out the unit.
- Upon arrival at the facility, have your invoice and photo ID ready to show the Seller.
- If you have a resale license, please bring a valid copy of the document for the Seller to create a copy and validate. The Seller will remove the tax manually if you are not responsible for the tax.
- Be cautious of units that sell for large sums. As a Winner, you will be completing the transaction with the Seller on your own, so you should not hand over large sums of cash or credit until you have verified the location, unit and its contents, and integrity of the sale.
- All auctions should take place at a storage facility (or warehouse). Never agree to meet a seller at a different location from what you see on the invoice. Contact StorageTreasures.com should you be asked to do so.
- TRUST YOUR GUT. If something feels or looks off, please do not enter the unit. Instead, notify the Seller immediately and have the Auction Details page handy for reference. The images should match what you see, and the tamper tag should be intact.
- Once you feel comfortable and your payment has been made to the Seller, clean out the unit, in its entirety, by the cleanout date/time listed on the invoice. Cherry-picking a unit is not allowed and will result in suspension.
- Communication is vital! Keeping the Seller and StorageTreasures.com informed during the transaction will benefit both parties.
Note: Winning an auction is not 100% confirmation that you will be able to take the contents. The Seller can cancel lien auctions if the tenant pays their past due rent before you arrive. Please contact the facility to verify that the unit is still available before driving there. The Seller is responsible for canceling the auction when this happens.
If you live far, you may offer to pay over the phone. However, not all facilities provide this option, so you will have to call the facility phone number on the invoice to find out.
Your physical safety and financial security are important to us. Don't hesitate to contact us if the transaction feels questionable or if you need assistance. Customer Support: 480.397.6503
Cheers to safe and secure bidding on StorageTreasures.com!